Tomato Green Onion Galette (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
Tomato Green Onion Galette (vegan & gluten-free) – a ‘buttery’ pastry crust filled with vegan cream cheese and green onions, topped with sweet and juicy heirloom tomatoes and sprinkled with ‘everything bagel’ seasoning. When your craving something savory and oh so comforting, bake this summery tomato green onion galette. Its so easy and really delicious!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 to 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 slices of Tomato Green Onion Galette 1x
- 1 1/3 cup gluten free baking flour + extra for dusting
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 ounces / 115 grams cold vegan butter, chopped
Filling & Garnish
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces / 227 grams vegan creamed cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced + extra for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon plant milk
- 2 tablespoons ‘Everything Bagel’ seasoning
- Prepare ice water my adding a handful of ice cubes into a bowl and filling with water. Set aside to chill.
- Place all dry pastry ingredients to a food processor, pulse to mix.
- Add 4 tablespoons of ice water and apple cider vinegar, pulse to mix. Then add vegan butter and process until the mixture is well combined and the pastry resembles breadcrumbs. If needed, add another 1 to 2 tablespoons of ice water.
- Turn pastry out onto a flour-dusted surface. Roll out the pastry, fold in half and roll out again. Repeat rolling and folding 6 times (this step helps with the flakiness of the pastry – see photo below).
- Roll pastry into a 12 inch / 30cm circle. Carefully transfer to a baking tray that has been lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes for the pastry to firm up.
- Preheat your oven to 400F / 204C and start preparing the filling.
- Add vegan creamed cheese, green onions, salt and pepper to a food processor. Process until mixed.
- Spread the creamed cheese mixture over the pastry, leaving a bare 1 inch/2.5cm edge (see photo below). Top with heirloom tomato slices.
- Carefully fold bare edge of pastry over to form a crust. Brush with plant milk and sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the galette crust is golden brown and the creamed cheese filling is bubbling. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting. Cut into eight slices and enjoy warm.
Keywords: tomato green onion galette, tomato galette, vegan galette, gluten-free galette, galette dough recipe, galette dough recipe vegan, galette dough recipe gluten-free, savory galette, galette recipe, tasty vegan recipes, Rachel’s fit kitchen