Strawberry Rhubarb Oats (Vegan)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 to 12 minutes
- Total Time: 12 to 17 minutes
- Yield: 1 bowl of Strawberry Rhubarb Oats 1x
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
Stewed strawberries + rhubarb
- 2 rhubarb stalks, cut in quarters
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or organic raw sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon almonds
- Almond milk
- Combine strawberries, rhubarb, water and sugar (if using) into a small pot. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Stir regularly to ensure the stewing fruit doesn’t stick to the pot. Simmer for around 5 to 8 minutes until the fruit is soft and the liquid is syrupy. Remove from heat and set aside while you prepare the oats.
- Add water, oats and salt into a small pot. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for around 3 to 5 minutes until the water has absorbed and the oats are creamy. Stir regularly to ensure there oats don’t stick. Remove from heat.
- Stir almond flour and maple syrup through oats. If desired, spoon a little bit of the syrup from the pot of stewed strawberry and rhubarb through the oatmeal to give it a slight pink hue.
- Spoon oatmeal into a bowl, then top with stewed fruit almond.
- Serve with a splash of almond milk.
Keywords: strawberry rhubarb oats, strawberry oatmeal, homemade oatmeal, vegan breakfast ideas, breakfast ideas, easy breakfast, rachel’s fit kitchen