Tomato pasta is my go-to lunch or dinner when I’m craving pasta or need something quick and tasty to eat.
1 lb/28oz (795 grams) can of crushed tomatoes
1 medium onion, finely diced
2-3 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
1 tbs dried basil or 1/2 cup fresh basil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Spray a skillet with cooking oil. Saute onions over medium heat until soft, about 10 minutes. Stir regularly.
2. Add crushed garlic to the onions and cook for another 2 minutes
3. Pour the can of crushed tomatoes into the onion mixture. Add basil and season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
4. Bring tomato and basil sauce to the boil, then reduce to a simmer. Stir well and allow to simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes.
5. Stir through olive oil.
6. Serve with cook pasta and a sprinkle of basil.