Tofu Scramble with Roasted Tomatoes, Mushrooms and Spinach! If there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s that the new week always goes better after a relaxing Sunday… especially a relaxing Sunday started with coffee and a home cooked breakfast!
Step aside pancakes and waffles, you’re savory rival is making an appearance this weekend.
Super comforting tofu scramble with veggies and toast… sounds like the perfect Sunday breakfast to me!
Speaking of which, have your tried tofu scramble? The golden color is achieved by adding a little sprinkle of turmeric. How convincing is the look of that tofu scramble?!
The result is so close to traditional scrambled eggs that I’ve even slipped it by my house guests from time to time. Even my non-vegan husband absolutely loves tofu scramble and no longer misses scrambled eggs! In fact, now when he scrambles, he always scrambles with plants!
You can mix and match your tofu with almost any roasted or grilled veggies, but personally I love the savory combination of seasoned tomatoes and the umami of roasted mushrooms, accompanied by a serve of nutrient-packed spinach.Print
Tofu Scramble with Roast Tomatoes, Mushrooms & Spinach is a super tasty and easy plant based breakfast. Firm tofu and turmeric is used to create the scramble and is served with juicy roasted tomatoes, mushrooms and wilted spinach. The perfect savory weekend breakfast.
- 1 14oz (400grams) pack firm organic tofu, drained and dried
- 1/4 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Spray oil or olive oil
- 2 clusters of cherry tomatoes on the vine (about 1 pound or 450 grams)
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced or left whole
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 greens onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F / 176C. Line a roasting tray with parchment paper. Place cherry tomatoes on the tray and spray with a little oil (or brush with olive oil, if preferred). Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast for 30-45 minutes. Set aside (keep warm).
- Warm an oiled skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Set aside (keep warm).
- To the same skillet, add tofu and onion (Break up tofu using a wooden spoon – you want largish pieces). Then add nutritional yeast and turmeric, gently stir tofu mixture. Season to taste. Cook for about five minutes.
- Add spinach to the skillet (mix through scramble, if desired) and allow to wilt for a 1-2 minutes.
- Serve tofu scramble, wilted spinach, roast tomatoes and mushrooms immediately while hot. Sprinkle with green onion.
- Serving suggestion: Serve with warm ‘buttered’ toast and ketchup.
- Nutritional information is to be used as a guide only as calories and nutrition vary between products and brands worldwide.
Keywords: tofu scramble, tofu, roasted vegetables, tomato, mushrooms, spinach