Curries are the best meal for those of us following a plant based diet! I add a ton of chunky veggies to my curries, which is really filling and satisfying, especially when partnered with fragrant basmati rice and spice!
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh turmeric, very finely diced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, very finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 3/4 cup of crushed canned tomatoes
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup canned garbanzo beans/chick peas, drained
- 1 fresh small green chili, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Handful of cilantro/coriander
- Spray a large pot with cooking oil. Over medium heat saute onion.
- Add spices and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and 1/2 cup water.
- Add cauliflower florets, zucchini, chili and seasoning to taste.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the vegetables are cooked and the sauce has thicken, stir in garbanzo beans.
Serve with basmati rice and a sprinkle of cilantro! Enjoy
Keywords: cauliflower, curry