- Spray oil
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoons lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
1 cup corn meal
1 cup all purpose flour
1-2 tablespoons organic raw cane sugar
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
1 cup almond milk (or plant milk of choice)
Bell pepper and jalapeño slices for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C and line a 8 inch/20cm rectangle baking tin with parchment paper. Spray with cooking oil (this will help to form crispy edges).
- Prepare chia eggs by mixing together ground chia with 5 tablespoons water. Allow to thicken for five minutes.
- Place baking powder and lemon juice in a glass, stir well.
- Add corn meal, flour and sugar to a large bowl. Add chia eggs, baking powder mixture, melted vegan butter and plant milk, stir well.
- Pour corn meal batter into prepared baking tray and if desired, top with bell pepper and jalapeño slices.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the corn bread comes out clean.
Serve warm along side Super Easy Veggie Chili.
Keywords: corn bread, corn,bread,peppers,bell peppers,jalapeno