I’ve always loved cranberries so during Fall I like to make the most of these tasty little gems while I can!
Warm cranberry sauce is a classic but in this recipe I use cold cranberry sauce stirred through chia pudding. The result is sweet, creamy and delicious chia pudding parfaits! Perfect to share with your friend or save the second one for breakfast tomorrow.Print
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups plant milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 12 oz / 340 grams fresh organic cranberries
- 2 pears, peeled and diced (before dicing, reserve two slices for garnish)
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- Juice of one orange
- Add chia seeds, plant milk and maple syrup into a bowl and whisk well to remove any clumps. Cover chia mixture and store in the fridge overnight or for at least 3 hours.
- Prepare cranberry sauce by adding cranberries, pears, sugar, orange juice and 1/2 cup water to a medium size pot. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 10mins, or until the cranberries have burst and the pears have broken down. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Whisk chia pudding, then stir in cold cranberry sauce. Taste and add additional sweetener, if needed.
- Serve in glasses, jar or bowls with fresh pear slices for garnish.
- Flowers are for garnish only.