Curries are the best meal for those of us following a plant based diet! I add a ton of chunky veggies to my curries, which is really filling and satisfying, especially when partnered with fragrant basmati rice and spice!
1 large onion, diced
1 tbsp fresh turmeric, very finely diced
1 tbsp fresh ginger, very finely diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp curry powder
3/4 cup of crushed canned tomatoes
1 cauliflower, cut into florets
1 zucchini, cut into chunks
1/2 cup canned garbanzo beans/chick peas, drained
1 fresh small green chili, sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
Handful of cilantro/coriander.
1. Spray a large pot with cooking oil. Over medium heat saute onion.
2. Add spices and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
3. Stir in tomatoes and 1/2 cup water.
4. Add cauliflower florets, zucchini, chili and seasoning to taste.
5. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. When the vegetables are cooked and the sauce has thicken, stir in garbanzo beans.
7. Serve with basmati rice and a sprinkle of cilantro! Enjoy