Doughnuts are so tasty but many of us stopped eating them once we started following a healthier lifestyle. But fortunately for us, some genius has come up with baked doughnuts! They turned out really delicious- no one will think about them being baked nor will they guess they are vegan and gluten free.
You’ve got to try this recipe. Perfect cheat day indulgence!!
- 1/4 cup aquafaba*
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free baking flour
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup organic fine grain cane sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup beet puree
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375F / 190C and spray a 12 whole doughnut pan with cooking oil.
- Whisk aquafaba until soft peaks form, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add remaining ingredient to a large bowl. Stir well to ensure well combined.
- Gently fold in aquafaba, then carefully spoon batter into greased doughnut tin.
- Bake doughnuts for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted into a doughnut comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 1 to 2 minutes, then turn out onto a cake cooking rack.
Eat plain, dusted in powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar or with frosting and sprinkles!
- *the juice from a can of garbanzo beans/chick peas
- Serving Size: 1 doughnut
Keywords: doughnuts,baking,baked goods,aquafaba