An apple a day keeps the doctor away! Four of these delicious picklets contains around 1 apple… that still counts, doesn’t it? Add antioxidant packed blueberries to the mix and you’ve got yourself a healthy breakfast or snack!
1 cup of all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1 apple, grated
1 chopped apple (lightly cooked)
1/2 cup blueberries
Pinch of Himalayan salt
1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
Jam, to serve
Blueberries, to serve
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Heat a skillet over medium/low heat. Spray with cooking oil.
3. Using a measuring spoon, pour 2-3 tablespoons of batter into skillet. Sprinkle with 4-5 blueberries.
4. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Repeat process with remaining ingredients.
5. Spread a little jam over each pikelet, top with blueberries and serve while warm.
Makes 8 pikelets/mini pancakes
Recipe by my mum 😀