Is there anything more perfect than a warm stack of thick, fluffy vegan pancakes on a Sunday morning?
These vegan pancakes are really flippin’ good. I mean, just look how airy and fluffy they are.
The great thing about this recipe is that it uses ingredients you probably already have around the house. All you need is all-purpose flour, canola oil, a little vanilla, baking powder, a pinch of salt, some plant milk (I like to use almond, cashew or macadamia milk), and your choice of sweetener. I usually add a couple of tablespoons of maple or agave syrup. You can also make different flavors by adding vegan chocolate chips and fruit (blueberries, raspberries, banana) into the batter.
The fluffiness of these pancakes comes from the baking soda, but make sure you don’t overmix the batter either. Overmixing will leave you with chewy and flat pancakes, which is not what we want.
But don’t worry, making pancakes from scratch is honestly just as easy as using store-bought mixtures. Not only will you cut calories, but you’ll also cut out unwanted chemicals and hydrogenated oils. Homemade is also way tastier, and let’s be honest, that’s what really counts.
If you’re guilty of burning or undercooking pancakes, a little trick is to watch for the air bubbles that form on the surface. Once you see them pop, flip immediately, and there you go! Perfect delicious stacks that could give your favorite breakfast spot a run for their money.
Eat them plain or top them with some fresh fruit, vegan butter, and a good drizzle of maple syrup. This recipe makes eight pancakes, but I’ll let you figure out how many servings that is. 😉 Even if you aren’t a morning person, this recipe is guaranteed to get even the grumpiest of night owls to rise and shine.
As usual, let me know how these fluffy vegan pancakes stack up in the comments below.Print
Thick and fluffy vegan pancakes that are guaranteed to make your mornings a lot better and a lot more delicious.
- 1 cup organic unbleached flour
- 1 cup plant milk (I like almond, cashew or macadamia milk)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons bi carbonate soda
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave syrup
- 3 tablespoons canola or coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Cooking oil spray or coconut oil, to grease the skillet
- Place all ingredients to a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat*. Grease the skillet with oil of choice, then pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter into the center of the skillet. Cook pancake until little bubbles form on the surface, then flip and cook for another couple of minutes until the pancake is golden brown on both sides. Repeat with remaining batter.
Enjoy your pancakes warm with fresh fruit, a drizzle of maple syrup, chia jam and/or vegan butter.
- *I like to use two skillets so I get all my pancakes cooked more quickly!
Keywords: pancakes, pancake, breakfast, brunch, vegan, Rachel's Fit Kitchen