Apple Cinnamon Whole Wheat Pancakes (Vegan)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 Apple Cinnamon Whole Wheat Pancakes w/ Apple Sauce 1x
- 1 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1 cup plant milk (oat, almond or cashew works well)
- 1 gala apple, peeled and grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons oil (canola, coconut or vegetable works well)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Cooking oil spray or oil, to grease the skillet
- 2 gala apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
To serve (optional)
- Place all pancake ingredients into a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat*. Grease the skillet with oil of choice, then pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter into the center of the skillet. Cook pancake until little bubbles form on the surface, then flip and cook for another couple of minutes until the pancake is golden brown on both sides. Repeat with remaining batter.
- White cooking the pancakes, prepare the apple sauce. Combine apple sauce by combining apples, water and cinnamon in a medium pot over high heat. Bring to a boil, then turn down heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Mash apples with a fork until smooth.**
- *I like to use two skillets so I get all my Apple Cinnamon Whole Wheat Pancakes cooked more quickly!
- **Gala apples are really sweet and delicious, but if you’re not able to find Gala apples you could use any apples you have available. If necessary, add a little sugar for sweetness.
- Nutrition facts are to be used as a guide only and are calculated without optional toppings.
Keywords: apple cinnamon whole wheat pancakes, whole wheat pancakes, thick pancakes, thick vegan pancakes, gala apples, apple sauce, Rachel’s Fit Kitchen