Spring Vegetable Quiche (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 35 minutes
- Yield: 1 Spring Vegetable Quiche ( 8 slices) 1x
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups clear vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chia or flax seeds, finely ground
- 6 tablespoons water
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 14oz / 387grams silken tofu
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons plant milk (I used oat milk but almond and cashew also works well)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup artichokes hearts, roughly chopped
- 5 fresh asparagus spears, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons pea
- 1/4 cup artichokes, chopped
- 3 asparagus spears, cut in half lengthways
To serve (optional)
- Lemon slices/wedges
- Green salad
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C and prepare a 9 inch (23cm) round baking dish by spraying with a little cooking oil.
- Combine quinoa and broth in a small pot over high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until broth has been absorbed, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Prepare chia/flax egg by mixing together finely ground chia or flax seeds with water. Allow mixture to thicken for five minutes.
- Into the pot of cooked quinoa, stir in chia/flax eggs. Scoop quinoa mixture into prepared baking dish. Using wet fingers (helps prevent quinoa from sticking to your fingers) firmly press quinoa mixture into the base and sides of the dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Spray skillet with a little cooking oil, add onions and cook sauté until soft and translucent. Add minced garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add a splash of water as needed to stop the onions and garlic from sticking to the skillet. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Into a blender add silken tofu, nutritional yeast, plant milk, turmeric, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy. Stir in onions, garlic, peas, artichokes and asparagus.
- Pour quiche mixture into baked quinoa crust. Smooth over the surface of the mixture, then top with peas, artichokes and asparagus spears. Bake for 45 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the quiche comes out clean.
Serve along side a green salad with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Keywords: spring vegetable quiche, vegan quiche, eggless quiche, eggless, quiche recipe, vegan quiche recipe, vegan quiche recipes, asparagus, artichoke, peas, Rachel’s fit kitchen