Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 9 Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal squares 1x
- 1 chia/flax egg (made using 1 tablespoon ground chia or flax seeds)
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cup organic raw sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup oat milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Gala apple, grated
- 1 Gala apple, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon raw organic sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C and line a 9×9 inch (22 x 22cm) baking dish with parchment paper.
- Prepare chia/flax egg by mixing together ground chia or flax seeds with three tablespoons of water. Allow mixture to thicken for five minutes.
- In a large bowl, add rolled oats, walnuts, chopped cranberries, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- To dry ingredients add prepared chia/flax egg, oat milk, melted vegan butter, vanilla extract and grated apple, mix well.
- Pour oatmeal mixture into prepared baking dish and gently flatten surface.
- Top the oatmeal with apple slices. Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl, then sprinkle over the apple slices and oatmeal.
- Bake oatmeal for 45 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the oatmeal comes out clean.
- Nutrition facts are to be used as a guide only.
Keywords: baked oatmeal, easy baked oatmeal, baked oatmeal recipe, apple cinnamon baked oatmeal, apple baked cinnamon, vegan baked oatmeal, gluten free baked oatmeal, vegan baking, Rachel’s fit kitchen