Banana Bread (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour, 15 mins
- Yield: 10 slices 1x
- 2 chia/flax eggs (made using 2 tablespoons of ground chia or flax seeds + 6 tablespoons water)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour*
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts pieces + 1/4 cup for garnish
- 1/2 cup organic raw cane sugar**
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 spotty bananas, 2 mashed and 1 reserved for garnish***
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C and line a 9″ x 5″ / 23cm x 13cm loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare chia/flax eggs by mixing together ground chia or flax seeds with six tablespoons of water in a small bowl or mug. Allow to thicken for five minutes.
- Add oat flour, almond flour, 1/2 cup walnuts, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to a large bowl, stir to combine.
- To the dry ingredients, add chia/flax eggs, mashed bananas, almond butter, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract, mix well to combine. Pour batter into prepared loaf tin and decorate with sliced banana and walnuts.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the bread comes out clean. Allow to cool in the loaf pan for 15 minutes, then carefully transfer the banana bread to a cooling rack.
- Once the banana bread is cool, cut into 10 slices and enjoy! Store slices in an airtight container for up to one week.
- *You can use a store bought oat flour or make your own! To make your own oat flour for this recipe, add around 2 cups of rolled oats to a food processor and process for about 1 minute until the rolled oats have turned into flour. For this recipe you will need 1 1/2 cups of oat flour, so make sure you measure the oat flour before adding to your bowl.
- **I have made this banana bread many times and I like to experiment with different types of sugar. I have successfully made this banana bread with 1/4 cup raw cane sugar and 1/4 cup coconut sugar OR 1/4 cup raw cane sugar and 1/4 cup Truvia, which is a cane sugar and stevia blend. I think it tastes best to include a component of raw cane sugar, but feel free to experiment.
- ***It looks nice to top the banana bread with one banana cut in half lengthways or sliced into rounds. Feel free to play around with whatever shapes you like!
Keywords: vegan banana bread, vegan banana bread recipe, gluten free banana bread, banana bread with almond flour, banana bread recipe, healthy banana bread, almond butter