Black Bean Brownies (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 9 black bean brownie squares
- 1 15oz / 425g can black beans, well rinsed and drained
- 2 chia eggs (made using 2 tablespoons of ground chia seeds)
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3/4 cup cacao powder + extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup raw walnut pieces
- Cacao and fruit for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F/175C and line a 8 inch/20cm rectangle baking tin with parchment paper. Spray with cooking oil (this will help to form crispy edges).
- Prepare chia eggs by mixing together ground chia with 6 tablespoons of water. Allow to thicken for five minutes.
- Put all remaining ingredients into a high powered blender (besides the walnuts) and blend until well mixed and beans are puréed. Scrap down the sides. Add a little bit of plant milk if you find the mixture is too thick (don’t add more than 2 to 3 tablespoons of plant milk).
- Add the walnut pieces to the black bean brownie batter and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon black bean brownie batter into the prepared baking tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the black bean brownies comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting. Dust with cacao powder and top with fruit, if desired.
- Switch up this black bean brownie recipe by swapping out the walnuts for hazelnuts, almond or macadamia nuts.
- For a more indulgent black bean brownie, top with chocolate frosting!
- Nutrition facts are to be used as a guide only and are calculated without optional toppings.
Keywords: black bean brownies, vegan black back brownies, vegan fudge brownies, fudge vegan brownies, fudge brownies, fudgiest brownies, tasty brownies, healthy black bean brownies, gluten free black bean brownies, recipe for black bean brownies, black bean brownie batter, chocolate brownies, eggless brownies, eggless brownie recipe, homemade fudge brownies, black bean brownie recipe, brownies, black beans, cacao, chocolate, plant protein, sweet treat, baking, baked goods, rachel’s fit kitchen