A warm and filling gluten-free breakfast made with rolled oats, pears, walnuts, and lots of cinnamon.
- 2 flax eggs (made using 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup organic raw sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ¼ cup oat milk
- 1/2 cup raisins, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pears, cored and diced (around two cups)
- 1 pear, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon raw organic sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C and line a 9×13 inch (22x33cm) baking dish with parchment paper.
- Prepare flax eggs by mixing together ground flax seeds with six tablespoons of water. Allow mixture to thicken for five minutes.
- In a large bowl, add rolled oats, walnuts, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- To the dry ingredients add prepared flax eggs, oat milk, chopped raisins, melted vegan butter, and vanilla extract. Mix well and then carefully fold in diced pears.
- Pour oatmeal mixture into prepared baking dish and gently flatten surface. If desired, top oatmeal with pear slices, then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake oatmeal for 45 minutes or until a wooden skewer into the baked oatmeal comes out clean.
Keywords: baked oatmeal, oatmeal, oats, pear, walnuts, vegan