Zucchini Soup with Fresh Herbs (Vegan)
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 bowls of Zucchini Soup with Fresh Herbs 1x
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 medium sized zucchinis (2 lbs / 900 grams), 4 zucchinis chopped into small pieces and 1 zucchini sliced
- 3 medium potatoes (1.125 lbs / 500 grams), peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon marjoram, chopped + extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped + extra for garnish
- 2 cups clear vegetable broth
- 1 cup plant milk e.g. oat, almond or cashew milk (unsweetened and unflavored)
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add olive oil and onion, and sauté until the onion softens and becomes translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, zucchini, potatoes, fresh herbs and a pinch of salt, stir well. Cook until vegetables start to soften and brown, about 5 minutes. If needed, add a splash of water to help prevent the vegetables from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Next add clear vegetable broth, stir well. Raise heat and bring soup to a boil. Once the soup has reached boiling point, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until vegetables are soft, around 20 minutes. Stir through plant milk and nutritional yeast. Set soup aside to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- While soup is cooling, prepare zucchini slices for the garnish. Heat a skillet over medium, add olive oil and zucchini slices. Cook until zucchini is soft and golden brown on both sides, around 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Once the soup has cooled slightly, using an immersion blender or counter top blender, carefully blend until the soup is smooth and creamy. If you used a counter top blender, return soup to pot. Taste the soup and adjust seasoning as needed. If necessary, reheat the soup.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with pan-fried zucchini slices and fresh herbs.
- Nutrition facts are to be used as a guide only.
Keywords: zucchini soup, zucchini, zucchini recipes, summer squash, herbs, vegan recipes, vegan soup recipes, cheap healthy meals, cheap and healthy meals, cheap easy healthy meals, Rachel’s Fit Kitchen