Pink Pitaya, Lemon + Thyme Infused Water
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 64 oz / 2 liter pitcher 1x
- 1/4 fresh pink pitaya (dragon fruit)
- 4 lemons, sliced*
- Handful fresh lemon thyme or thyme
- 60 oz / 1.75 liters water
- Handful of ice
- Add pink pitaya to a food processor, blend until smooth.
- Into a 64 oz / 2 liter pitcher, add pureed pink pitaya and lemon slices. Bruise fresh lemon thyme leaves by crushing them in your hands (this helps to release the flavor), then add to pitcher. Fill with water (leaving room to add ice before serving), then set aside for 5 to 10 minutes for the flavors to infuse.
- Add ice, stir and then serve.
- * If you’re planning to drink the infused water fairly promptly, feel free to leave the rind on the lemon. However, if you’re planning to have the pitcher of infused water sitting out for an hour or longer, it’s recommended to remove the lemon rind and pith (the white part) to avoid the water from getting bitter.
Keywords: infused water, lemon infused water, citrus infused water, lemon water, pink pitaya, pink dragonfruit, pink food, rachel’s fit kitchen