It wouldn’t be Sunday without a stack of homemade crêpes or pancakes!
Ever since I was a kid I’ve loved fluffy pancakes. I used to make them for my parents and brother every weekend, and my dad always said I should open my own pancake cafe! Back then they definitely weren’t healthy (read: swimming in butter and then drowned in syrup!). Nowadays I opt for plant based crepes or pancakes topped with fresh fruit with a little jam or a drizzle of maple syrup. #yum
3oz (85grams) plain flour
1/2 cup unsweetened plant milk (I usually use almond milk)
1/2 cup water
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp coconut sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Canola or coconut oil spray
1/2 cup mixed berries
Strawberry jam or maple syrup
1. Add crêpe ingredients to a large bowl. Using a whisk mix well until a smooth batter is achieved.
2. Heat a skillet over medium/low heat. Spray with cooking oil.
3. Pour a third of the batter into the hot skillet and swirl the skillet around to spread the batter across the surface and up the edges.
4. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Repeat process with the remaining batter.
5. Spread a little jam over the crêpes (or drizzle with a little maple syrup). Fold in half and then in half again. Top with fresh berries. Enjoy!
Makes 3 crêpes