It wouldn’t be Sunday without homemade crêpes or pancakes!
Ever since I was a kid I’ve loved fluffy pancakes. I used to make them for my parents and brother every weekend, and my dad always said I should open my own pancake cafe! Back then they definitely weren’t healthy (read: swimming in butter and then drowned in syrup!). Nowadays I opt for plant based crêpes or pancakes topped with fresh fruit with a little jam or a drizzle of maple syrup. #yumPrint
3 ounces (85 grams) plain flour
1/2 cup unsweetened plant milk (I usually use almond milk)
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon coconut sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Canola or coconut oil spray
1/2 cup strawberries (or fruit of choice)
1. Add crêpe ingredients to a large bowl. Using a whisk mix well until a smooth batter is achieved.
2. Heat a skillet over medium/low heat. Spray with cooking oil.
3. Pour a third of the batter into the hot skillet and swirl the skillet around to spread the batter across the surface and up the edges of the skillet (this is how you achieve those crispy edges).
4. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Repeat process with the remaining batter.
5. Spread a little jam over the crêpes and roll up. Top with fresh strawberries berries.