I love to devour bowls of soup with toast on cold rainy days or when I’m feeling sick. Soup somehow makes it all better!
Spray oil (or 1-2 tbs oil)
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 cups of vegetables, diced (such as a mixture of carrot, celery, potato, cauliflower)
1 large can (28oz/795gram) of crushed tomatoes
1 cup vegetable broth/stock
1 tbsp dried basil
3-4 tbsp nutritional yeast
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup of fresh lentil sprouts
2 tbsp fresh garlic chives
1. Spray a large pot with cooking oil (or add oil). Over medium heat saute onion until soft, around 5-10 minutes.
2. Add garlic and diced vegetables. Cook for 5 minutes, stir regularly.
3. Add canned tomatoes, broth, dried basil, salt and pepper. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir through nutritional yeast, then allow soup to cool.
5. Using a submersion blender (or transfer to a counter top blender), blend until soup is smooth and creamy.
6. Heat soup to desired temperature, then ladle into into bowls and top with lentil sprouts and garlic chives (or whatever you like!). Serve with plenty of toast!
Enjoy, Rachel xo