Traditionally mayonnaise is made using egg yolks but this isn’t necessary as you can very easily make delicious and creamy mayonnaise using aquafaba! Aquafaba is the protein rich juice from a can of chickpeas! Sounds weird but it’s very effective!Print
- 1/4 cup aquafaba
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard (or similar)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup canola or sunflower oil
- Add aquafaba, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and salt to a blender.
- While the blender is running, very slowly drizzle in the oil (this step should take around five minutes). Make sure you take your time drizzling in the oil because if you add the oil too quickly the mixture will separate and will be ruined.
- Transfer the vegan mayonnaise to a jar and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Nutritional information is to be used as a guide only as calories and nutrition vary between products and brands worldwide.