Doughnuts are so tasty but many of us stopped eating them once we started following a healthier lifestyle. But fortunately for us, some genius has come up with baked doughnuts! They turned out really delicious- no one will think about them being baked nor will they guess they are vegan and gluten free.
You’ve got to try this recipe. Perfect cheat day indulgence!!
1/4 cup aquafaba (the juice from a can of garbanzo beans/chick peas)
1/2 cup almond milk
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup fine grain cane sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup beet puree
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 cup gluten free baking flour
1 1/4 cup almond meal
1. Preheat oven to 375F / 190C and spray a 12 whole doughnut tin with cooking oil.
2. Whisk aquafaba until soft peaks form, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
3. Add remaining ingredient to a large bowl. Stir well to ensure well combined.
4. Gently fold in aquafaba.
5. Carefully spoon batter into greased doughnut tin.
6. Bake doughnuts for 18-20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in to a doughnut comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes, then turn out onto a cake cooking tray.
Eat plain, dusted in powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar or with frosting and sprinkles!
Makes 12 doughnuts
Recipe inspired by Minimalist Baker