My kind of Six Pack! These muffins are made with almond meal, which makes these breakfast muffins so tasty no one would ever guess they’re gluten free!
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 cup coconut sugar (or sub with raw or turbinado sugar)
2 tbsp ground chia seeds
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup chopped fresh rhubarb (reserve a few pieces of fruit)
3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries (reserve a few pieces of fruit)
1 cup almond flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup gluten free flour
1 tsp xanthum gum
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350F/175C.
2. Prepare chia eggs by mixing together ground chia with 5 tbsp water. Allow to thicken for five minutes.
3. Into a large bowl add oil, coconut sugar, chia eggs, almond milk and vanilla extract. Whisk well.
4. Add remaining ingredients to wet mixture. Stir well.
5. Spoon muffin mixture into 12 muffin papers or greased muffin pan. Top mixture with a few small pieces of reserved strawberries and rhubarb.
6. Bake for 40 minutes or until a baking skewer inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
Allow to cool for a few minutes before eating as the fruit will be very hot. Enjoy!
Makes 12 muffins