One of the hardest things I found about transitioning to a plant based diet is finding alternatives to ice cream! But I’ve found that coconut cream makes an amazing base for vegan ice cream. The coconut milk gives the nice cream a similar texture and creaminess to ice cream. Add fresh mint and chocolate and you’ll be in heaven!
3 cups coconut cream
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves (firmly packed)
1/2 cup cup brown rice syrup
1/4 cup dark chocolate
1 chocolate protein bar
1 chocolate-mint protein bar
1. Add coconut cream, mint and brown rice syrup to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Pour into a container, cover and freeze for four hours.
3. Melt chocolate in the microwave for a few seconds until melted or in a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water.
4. Remove mint chocolate chip nice cream from freezer. Return to the blender and blend again (this helps break up any ice crystals, so it’s nice and smooth and creamy). Return to container and stir through cooled melted chocolate and protein bar pieces. Return to the freezer and freeze for at least another 4-6 hours.
5. Remove nice cream from the freezer 20-30 minutes before eating to allow it to soften a little.